Respect the Freedoms and Rights of other players
- Consent, Ask before doing.
- Do not troll, harass, or bully others in any way, including but not limited to degradation, sexism, racism, discrimination, political views, religion and more.
- Remain civil to others.
- Do not scam other players. We consider all money games as illegal on Spectrum Insights
- Do not use an offensive skin.
- Do not use real life names in chat, use minecraft usernames or nicknames. Revealing personal information of other players is in conflict with their right to privacy.
- Do not talk about politics or religion
Respect the Staff of the Server
- Do not spam the ticket system or a private message to staff members.
- Do not harass or otherwise attack staff for being staff, this includes declaring war on them for not helping you with a ticket.
- Do not waste the staffs’ time.
- If you have a problem with staff, report them on the firstname.lastname@example.org and don’t spill your grievances in public.
- Staff bans, mutes, kicks, jails or any other form of punishment may not be publicly discussed. If you have a question about your or someone else’s punishment, contact the staff on the forum or in game with a ticket. This also covers discussing banned players.
- Never ask staff to spawn in items or mobs.
- Do not backseat moderate, and do not tell a staff member what they should be doing.
Do not grief others, verbally or physically
- Breaking blocks to gain entry into a build is griefing.
- Killing animals and taking/destroying crops is griefing.
- You may dismantle unclaimed buildings in whatever capacity you deem necessary. We ask players nicely not to purely destroy a building and then leave it like a crater, but to clean it up nicely if they want to harvest it for resources. This is however just a guideline.
- Pouring lava and water over someone else’s creations with the intent of making it look ugly is always griefing, including in wilderness and unclaimed land. As a general first rule, doing anything to someone else’s build to make it look ugly and to cause the person grief is illegal.
- Making inappropriate, phallic or otherwise offensive structures around the world is griefing.
- Pouring lava or water down a mountain or tree in the wilderness is world griefing.
Respect the boundaries of the Chat Channels
- Do not misuse chat channels for something else other than their purpose.
- Do not complain or otherwise accuse others in public chat channels. Report rule breakers, staff violations or cheaters on the forum or through the ticket service.
- Do not impersonate staff.
- Keep public channels clear of political and religious conversation topics. Staff may additionally impose bans on culturally or socially sensitive subjects or controversial events.
- Avoid spamming in chat channels.
- Do not advertise other servers. You may link servers to other players if the intent is clear that it is not intended to draw people away from Spectrum Insights. Say for example you want to play some survival minigame before returning to SI, it is legal to post the IP of that server in private messages to your friends. Any public posting of server names or IP’s with the intent to draw people away from SI is illegal and may result in a permanent ban.
- Do not link non-SI Minecraft related content in any public chat. You may link Minecraft youtube videos, forum content, or SI related links as long as they are not vulgar, profane, pornographic or insulting in content.
- You may link streams as long as they are streaming from SI Minecraft.
Do not cheat, abuse or otherwise a glitch
- Never accuse another player of cheating or abuse publicly. Report them on the forum / ticketing system.
- Report any suspicious behavior that might allude to cheating.
- Report any glitches/bugs you find and resist the urge to use them. You will be in more trouble if you are found out afterwards to have used a glitch.
- Not reporting cheating makes you complicit. Report it to avoid punishment.
- Never use a glitch or cheat or abuse when you have discovered one, report it straight away.
- Do not AFK grind or harvest.
- Never use out-of-game mechanics to gain in-game advantages. We do not count macro or keyboard/mouse functionality, but be prepared to defend yourself if staff suspects you of misbehaving with these. Using dynmap to find players is not illegal.
- Using x-ray, minimaps or other mechanics of finding players beyond vanilla features is illegal.
Do not abuse in-game mechanics or plugins
- Anything that causes lag, or is understood to cause lag by staff can and will be removed.
- Do not use any of the plugins to spam messages to other players.
- Do not break Minecraft mechanics through plugin usage or vice versa.
- Do not circumvent implemented plugin or vanilla minecraft features through unintended plugin features. For example, do not use the chairs plugin to break into houses. The chair plugin is intended to allow the player to sit on a staircase block, not to glitch through a wall.
- Do not use flowing water, minecarts, or pistons to funnel or otherwise kill or move mobs around. This causes lag and is unwanted.
- You may not create a portal that instantly or slowly kills a player. Portals don’t always need to lead to an area where the player has to be able to get out, but the player must always be able to defend themselves and not be doomed to die by simply stepping into the portal. You may also not make hidden portals that people can enter, but not see.
Impersonation of others / Hacked Accounts
- If we suspect a user’s account to be compromised or otherwise hacked we will globally mute you until we can verify your identity. We do this to protect our account and the community. You are responsible for other people using your account. We will ask for proof of password change before un-muting to ensure your account is not compromised.